Error importing blogs

Feb 10, 2011 at 5:00 PM

When using IE, often the migration would get hung up and not report anything in the error log. I switched to Firefox and I get the following error message when trying to import blogs:

Error migrating blog:

Unsupported language "en-US". If you want to support this language, please configure your application accordingly.
at Telerik.Sitefinity.Model.DataExtensions.ThrowUnsupportedLanguage(CultureInfo culture) at Telerik.Sitefinity.Descriptors.LstringPropertyDescriptor.SetString(Object component, String value, CultureInfo culture) at Migration.Classes.MigrationBlogs.ImportBlog(MigrationBlog blogContent) at Migration.MigrationModule.ImportBlogs()

Feb 10, 2011 at 5:06 PM

Discovered that it imported one blog post. It did not keep the title and instead named it "Draft"

Coordinator
Feb 11, 2011 at 7:34 AM

Do you use the latest changeset? Also how many cultures do you have installed in your 3.7 site and do you actually have content for all of them? This is configured in the web.config file in this element:

<localization defaultProvider="Sitefinity" persistenceMode="PathPrefix" defaultCulture="en" cultures="en, fr, de">

Sitefinity 4.0 does not support specific cutures like en-US, en-GB, etc. yet, it supports only "en", "fr", etc. One solution is to temporary specify cultures like this in your 3.7 web.config file and remove any cultures that you don't need, because the tool will create such languages in the SF 4.0 project and you actually don't need them.

Feb 14, 2011 at 5:24 PM

I had the localization settings as persistenceMode="None" and just removed all the cultures. It then migrated all the blogs.

Thanks!

Feb 17, 2011 at 5:06 PM

I too, had this issue, but for Generic Content items.  I solved it by going into the Sitefinity 4's web.config file and changing the <globalization> items to be specific to the "en" culture, instead of "auto".  This allowed the Generic Content items to be imported properly, albeit only for the English translation.

Additionally, I noticed that I got an error when migrating the News items, "IObjectScope is already closed".  It still migrated all of the elements, but it saved them as a draft, which is probably an ok thing considering it encountered an error when running.  The frustrating thing is that when you use the checkbox to select all of the news items, it only selects that one page.  So now I have to go in and hit each page, select them all, and Publish.  It isn't taking too long, but shouldn't the Select All functionality transcend pages?

Feb 17, 2011 at 5:08 PM

Additionally, if you go into the News Settings, you can modify the NewsBackend view's properties to allow more elements per page, thus increasing your load time, but allowing you to run through fewer pages.